How to become the best trader
Trading can provide great rewards and supplement your primary income, but it isn’t easy to master. Trading requires focus, knowledge of the market, experience, and the ability to predict how the stocks in your portfolio will perform. Many successful traders spend years learning how this industry works and they made a number of mistakes in the initial stage of their trading careers. New traders now have the opportunity to learn from old ones through trading platforms. You can become an expert by putting in some time, effort, and following the right people. Here are some tips that can help:
- Learn the basics
Don’t jump into trading hastily because that’s the easiest way to lose money. Take time to understand how the market works, study analysis reports, watch a few online tutorials, attend a few trading classes, etc. A good foundation in trading knowledge will help you choose the right transactions down the line and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and problems.
- Understand the major trading currencies
Different currencies have different characteristics. They will behave differently in the market based on the monetary policies of the related governments and political factors. Some currencies are quite stable and considered safer to invest in. Other currencies are more volatile but have a higher potential for rewards in the market. It’s important to understand this and keep an eye on the factors that can influence currencies. The top currencies that influence the Forex market are:
- US Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- British Pound
- Swiss Franc
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Open a trading account
Open your own trading account and explore how the platform works. Some trading companies allow you to run mock trades without investing or earning any money. This will help you become familiar with the process and ensure you understand the risks involved. The more hands-on experience without involving risk can help you understand the ups and downs of the day-trading process well. Here are some of the factors to consider before opening a trading account:
- Understand the rules and regulations associated with the platform. Make sure you understand how the trading agency works, the commissions and fees they charge, and other such factors. This will help ensure there are no problems down the line.
- If you intend to use Forex trading, look at the top earners and most experienced traders on the platform and understand how they work. Don’t follow and copy popular traders blindly. It’s better to have a mindset of learning rather than just following.
- Analyse the market
- Fundamental analysis – Studies the current events and socio-political landscape that might affect the currency pair.
- Technical analysis – This involves studying the graphs and charts that include past currency behaviour, future predictions, and other such factors.
- Sentimental analysis – This is purely based on intuition developed by experienced traders. They guess where the prices might go and make decisions based on it.
It’s a good idea to learn how to carry out these analyses, study them, and make the best decisions using them. These strategies will help you make the best possible decisions.
Create your Live Account Today
Sign up and start trading on one of the world’s most transparent brokerages. Trade your favourite FX and Crypto Pairs on an MT4 platform backed by true ECN connectivity.